Holley-Navarre Fire District Career Information
A full time position in the HNFD requires you to work 24 hours/48 hours off. You will be assigned to a specific shift (A, B or C). We are currently accepting applications. We keep all applications on file for at least one year.
- High School graduate or equivalent & experience in an organized fire department.
- Certification as State of Florida Firefighter II (Minimum Standards).
- Certification as State of Florida Emergency Medical Technician.
- Must possess and maintain a valid State of Florida driver’s license.
- Must complete required district background checks.
- Must complete and pass a physical examination given by the department physician.
- Must pass the department physical agility test.
Anyone interested in becoming a Volunteer Fire Fighter should contact the Holley-Navarre Fire Department.
- Must be 18 yrs. of age
- Must reside within the fire district
- Pass the HNFD firefighter physical agility test
- Must pass the Florida State Firefighter I course
- Pass firefighter physical examination
- Pass First Responder- Basic medical training
- Pass the written and practical exams
- Complete mandatory fingerprint requirement
- Must never have been convicted of a felony offense
- Must complete a 6 month probationary period
- Must have a clean driving record for past 5 years
- Must be physically capable of performing firefighter duties
- Must show a sincere interest in and dedication to service their community
- The fire chief retains the overall final approval of any/all applicants
HNFD provides all protective equipment and training, applicant provides desire, dedication and devotion
For more information on Florida State Firefighter I training please visit The Florida State Fire College.
Apply for Firefighter Position
Return Completed Application w/ Resume to:
Holley-Navarre Fire District
C/O Battalion Chief Rounsaville
8618 Esplanade St., Navarre FL 32566